No products in the cart.
We all leaf through magazines and Pinterest, Instagram and Google and we all come across beautiful pictures of DIYs we want to try. I have a stack of magazines with page corners turned over and a inspiration folder on my desktop full of beautiful pictures. Somehow I never get around to making these things and the ideas stay in books and computer folders.
I finally decided to do something about it and created my own idea book. It’s super easy to make one and it’s the perfect place to store all the ideas of things you want to do ready for a rainy day for when you want to do something but don’t know what.
I love the new Insta Photo line from DCWV! From the chunky little colorful folders to the papers, pocket pages and especially the photo booth props! Everything about this collection is love-able and this is the perfect start to my idea book!
To make your own idea book you will need:
1. Insta Photo Fun Folder from DCWV.
2. 1 Packet of 4inches by 4inches Pocket Pages from DCWV.
3. Small Insta Photo Fun stack – 4 inches by 4 inches – from DCWV – coordinate this with your folder color.
4. Bling Sheet from DCWV.
5. Assorted Ribbon.
6. Chipboard Shape – I used the chipboard shapes from Mod Podge by Plaid
8. Double Sided Tacky Tape.
9. Black and Cream Card Stock.
11. Small 4 inches by 4 inches cork stack by DCWV.
1. Take the pocket pages out of their packaging and choose which papers you want to put inside. my folder was black and so I used the small black and brown Insta Photo Fun stack and the Cork Stack to fill my pockets. I am going to use these pockets to store any small clippings and pictures that I find inspirational.
2. Now take one pocket page as a guide and cut some black and cream card stock pages for your idea book. I needed some pages to doodle on – take notes on and since my folder is black I decided to add some black cardstock as well. I can smash any extra stuff I have on these pages and also use a white gel pen to make sketches and notes. After cutting them to size use the same pocket page as a guide and punch holes in your pages. I ended up using 10 cream and 10 black pages.
3. All of these went into my Insta folder.
4. To decorate the cover I played with the lovely bling sheets from DCWV, some assorted ribbon, buttons, small gems by DCWV and a chipboard shape. I used some double sided tape to adhere the ribbon to the cover and that worked really well!
5. I covered the shape in gold paper and added some gems to embellish the crown.
6. Play with the cover layout till you’re happy. Note that I used embellishments and items in 2-3 colors. Limiting the color palette helps in making the look cohesive even though I have used several different elements and textures on the cover.
7. I added some ribbon and a label to the inside as well.
My book is now ready for all sorts of brainstorming sessions! I want to record all my 2017
ideas and projects in this little album.
What would you like to do with your Insta Photo Fun goodies? Do you have any favorites from DCWV?